Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I HAVE BEEN TO LAS VEGAS

I HAVE BEEN TO LAS VEGAS


That is correct; as a Christian I have been to Las Vegas a few times. I stopped gambling; not because I believed pulling the handle on a slot machine would send me to hell. I stopped gambling because many Christians believe it to be sinful. I do not want to be a stumbling block to fellow believers nor do I want to hurt my witness to non-Christians. Whether gambling is a sin is open for debate.

MY GAMBLING STATEMENT OF FAITH.

1. I would rather pull the handle on a slot machine a thousand times, then tell a solitary soul that Jesus was not the only way to the Father. (John 14:6)

2. I would rather sit at a black jack table twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, then tell one single person they could have their sins forgiven without being baptized in water.(Acts 2:38)

3. I would rather place bets at the roulette table  until I fell over from sleep deprivation, then proclaim to even one Christian, that once they are saved they can never be lost.(Galatians 5:4)

4. I would rather spend weeks at the baccarat table, then tell anyone that men are saved by grace alone, and God will select a few to be saved and will send the rest to burn in hell.(2 Peter 3:9, John 3:16)

GAMBLING WITH MONEY IS ONE THING; GAMBLING WITH YOUR SOUL IS A GAMBLE YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO MAKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment